Bivi bag problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buck

Mar 25, 2013
Cambs
Hi All,

The seam sealing tapes on my issue bivi bag have started to detach. I really can't complain as it was issued to me in the 90s. It has seen a lot of use, both angry camping, as well as after I left the forces.

My question is how/can I re-seal the seams? Is it just a question of a warm Iron over the tape or is there another process?

Many thanks

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I've used Seamsure with success on GoreTex tapes. I've got some pretty old repairs using it that are still going strong.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Buck
I bought a roll of seam tape off ebay and redid my bag - just use your iron and cover the tape with a piece of brown paper to stop it sticking. Worked great!
Hope this helps
Phil

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
I had the tape peeling off the groundsheet part of my aging phoenix phoxhole bivvi - the groundsheet is pu nylon which has started to moult - I had some luck sticking it back with McNett Seam Grip. Also completely did the seams on a tent flysheet with the stuff after the tape pretty much just peeled off, that also worked well, the stuff seems to be equally good for repairs - sticking back lifted tape - or for just sealing seams in its own in the place of tape. Good luck with it whatever you try, but one way or the other you should be able to get it sorted. Atb, rich.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE