Trip Report Beach wild camp and canoe trip with the kids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Couldn't let another stunning evening pass me by and needed no reason to get the screen zombies out the house. Loaded up the canoes, kids, scran and a few bevvies and hit the waves.

Knocked the kids up a shelter from a British Army Basha hung off of a couple of paddles and we were set.

Stars were out in obundance last night and the sunrise was a bit special as well, even managed a quick skinny dip.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Unplugging the kids brilliant :)

The force of the ipad is strong with the young ones. Be controlled it must. My boy would be plugged in all the waking hours of the day if he had his own way.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Unplugging the kids brilliant :)

The force of the ipad is strong with the young ones. Be controlled it must. My boy would be plugged in all the waking hours of the day if he had his own way.

Too true. I’m bad enough myself. Just had 3 days away in a no signal area, it’s lovely to come home and not give a flying one about emails, games, soshal meeja. Strange how the “need” can disappear so quickly, but it certainly does.

Reactions: nobby8126

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
There's a good book out at the moment called "how to break up with your phone", might get it for the younguns. My eldest 2 are shocking the 14 yr old is effin useless

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The iPhone, Smart-Pad concept has passed me by. I'm blissfully ignorant.
Where was the curiosity about the natural world lost?
My derelict gardens, lawns, trees and shrubs host quite a community of insects and other animals.
I don't even have dogs to eat the gooseberries anymore.

Nobby, you're on the right track.
Looks like you find these "chunks of heaven" to explore and live in.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There's a good book out at the moment called "how to break up with your phone", might get it for the younguns. My eldest 2 are shocking the 14 yr old is effin useless

If Simon Cowell can do it, anyone can. It’s just too easy to respond to the brain requiring stimulation by feeding it a junk food diet of chuckaway social media comment, games, and dare I say it, forum browsing.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Ok. If we're talking games and social media, I'm all the way with you. And I'm of an age to remember the first black& white tv being introduced. However, in terms of security and safety for my 14, soon 15 yr old daughter these things are brilliant. It's peace of mind for me and my beloved. It's not all bad. If I park up my car somewhere in the woods of Scotland, ill put in the car park ad a favourite place and will always find my way back in the canoe thanks to that little blue dot in Google maps. Just saying !!!

Reactions: nobby8126

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Ok. If we're talking games and social media, I'm all the way with you. And I'm of an age to remember the first black& white tv being introduced. However, in terms of security and safety for my 14, soon 15 yr old daughter these things are brilliant. It's peace of mind for me and my beloved. It's not all bad. If I park up my car somewhere in the woods of Scotland, ill put in the car park ad a favourite place and will always find my way back in the canoe thanks to that little blue dot in Google maps. Just saying !!!
They are great if used as they are meant to be, trouble is they lead to stress if over used. Proven that the part of the brain sensitive to stress get more sensitive and the part that deals with navigation and problem solving actually starts to lose receptors. There was a neuroscientist on radio 2 breakfast show today explaining it. worth a listen

I use yt, fb, instagram but the nippers are obsessed. I drove a 10 mile stretch home last week and didn't see any more than 10 kids out and about on a gorgeous day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE