BcUK Photograph of 2017 Competition October Heat Vote

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Please select your favourite picture

• Picture 1, taken by JohnC

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Picture 2, taken by GarethW

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Picture 3, taken by Starsailor

• Picture 4, taken by Bobnewboy

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Picture 5, taken by Mollegabet

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Picture 6, taken by Dave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture 7, taken by Brancho

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Picture 8, taken by Seoras

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Picture 9, taken by Gcckoka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Okay, entries have closed and it's time for you to vote on the October heat of the 2017 photo competition.

The theme for this heat was ''Natures Abstracts" and it's nice to see we have a wide range of subjects.

As in previous heats the winner will go through to the grand final in December, also their picture will be used on the BCUK Facebook page.

Without any further ado here's the entries.

Picture 1.
Taken by JohnC, titled 'Tiree 2017'

tiree_zpsrokvczzf.jpg

Picture 2
Taken by GarethW, titled 'Rocks

15732189_10157936781820114_7296027527422353306_o.jpg

Picture 3
Taken by Starsailor, titled 'Sunflower'

attachment.php

Picture 4
Taken by Bobnewboy, titled
"Beech Nut Abstract"

23781286618_ddb4ed1a90_z.jpg

Picture 5
Taken by Mollegabet, titled '
Morning Dew on Spider's Web'

22131198193_7b9b260e82_b.jpg

Picture 6
Taken by Dave, titled 'Crocodile'

IMG_0487%202_zps7mwi2w1t.jpg

Picture 7
Taken by Brancho, titled 'Prehistoric Lines'

37142535043_a3d472cdb2_b.jpg

Picture 8
Taken by Seoras, titled '
The Psychedelic Harbour'

20170824_195714%202_zpshwzhp5yb.jpg

Picture 9
Taken by Gcckoka, titled '
Natural camouflage'

e545ad4802c4.jpg

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I look forward each month to seeing the entries for this competition, so I am astonished that only 20 people voted and that only 214 viewed. I can only hope that people did not vote because they were unable to choose between such close competition. It is always difficult to choose one out of those entered because they all have their own particular qualities. Some please because of the subject matter, some because of the technical skill.

To me, the entries every month typify the close observation that is central to the interest we all share in the natural world and is central to the values we share as bushcrafters.

To all entrants, thank you for sharing your observations and increasing our joy.
"All should have prizes!"

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I look forward each month to seeing the entries for this competition, so I am astonished that only 20 people voted and that only 214 viewed. I can only hope that people did not vote because they were unable to choose between such close competition. It is always difficult to choose one out of those entered because they all have their own particular qualities. Some please because of the subject matter, some because of the technical skill.

To me, the entries every month typify the close observation that is central to the interest we all share in the natural world and is central to the values we share as bushcrafters.

To all entrants, thank you for sharing your observations and increasing our joy.
"All should have prizes!"

Sadly I find that over the time I've been running the competition roughly only 10% or so of the people viewing the pictures actually make the effort to vote despite encouragement etc.

Not a lot one can do about it sadly
hmm.gif

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I’m dissapointed more folk haven’t embraced the competition. Perhaps it’s a lack of confidence more than apathy.

I know my own pictures are not anywhere near the standard of some of the entrants.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Whooo Hooo, I backed the winning photo, what do I get :) [yes I'm joking]

I usually vote when I see a photo competition. I don't have any photos that are much cop to put up, I don't really take many either [and I've still not got round to sorting out another 3rd party hosting site after photobucket] I still enjoy seeing others photos though, I do hope these photo competitions keep on going.

Well done for organising it mesquite. And well done for the folks who submit photos.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Starsailors "Sunflower" has disappeared for me too. Replaced by a small 'x in a box' image with

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE