bcuk Jungle Skills course (Borneo) 22nd - 29th September 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here it is :D

The Bushcraft UK, Jungle skills course is a 8 day Tropical Jungle bushcraft and survival expedition led by certified UK guides/instructors. The expedition is a "no frills" low cost opportunity to experience top of the range instruction, deep in the forests of Borneo.

During the course, students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood collection, water collection, and general camp duties. Accommodation will be in Local accommodation on the first and last day and hammocks/tarps whilst in the jungle.

COURSE DETAILS:

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING.

Course provider:
Bushcraft Expeditions (BE)
Minimum numbers: 10
Maximum numbers: 10
Minimum age: 18 (16 if accompanied by an adult)

Date of Expedition:
22nd – 29th September 2012

Expedition go/no go date: 15th June 2012

Duration: 8-day itinerary. Arriving am day one/departing pm day eight.

Timings and pick-up/drop off:
RV time 10:30hr on the 22nd September in Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) airport arrivals hall, Brunei

Drop off for travel home 17:00hr on the 29th at Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) airport.

Accommodation and catering:

Accommodation:
Students provide own hammock or shelters or hire from BE (See below) for jungle phase and are in local accommodation on the first and last evening.

Catering: The Expedition is on a self-catering basis. Rations can be purchased very cheaply locally and advice on what to get will be given on day one for the jungle phase. Rations will be cooked over open fires. Transport into the local town will be provided to purchase rations and to dine at local restaurants on day 1 and 7.

Expedition Cost and payment details:

Expedition Cost:
£820.00 (Fully inclusive of VAT)

A Non refundable deposit of £120.00 is required on booking – THIS DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL IF THE EXPEDITION DOES NOT GO AHEAD
Final payments: payable immediately from the 15th June 2012 if expedition takes place and by no later than 15th July (any one failing to pay their final payment by the 15th July will lose their deposit and forfeit their place to a reserve)

All bookings and payments should be made directly to Bushcraft Expeditions by the following means:

To pay by credit/debit card:

Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.

To pay by Paypal:

Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700 or on the email address below. You will need to provide your full name, address, contact (email and phone) details, and BCUK user name. Do not make any payment until you have confirmed your booking with Bushcraft Expeditions office.

inforequest@bushcraftexpeditions.com (use this email address for Paypal payments)

To pay by bank transfer:
If paying directly into the bank by bank transfer etc please phone the number above for the account details. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.

All payments are by secure means.

On receipt of your booking and clearance of your deposit, all paper work will be sent via email.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NO STUDENTS BOOK FLIGHTS OR PURCHASE EXPEDITION EQUIPMENT OR FOOD UNTIL THE EXPEDITION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE TAKING PLACE. NIETHER BUSHCRAFT UK OR BUSHCRAFT EXPEDITIONS WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE AS A RESULT OF STUDENTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT

Subjects covered:

1. Jungle Outfitting, kit and equipment.
2. Dressing for the Jungle environment.
3. Daily routine and considerations for working in the Jungle environment.
4. Heat injuries their recognition, prevention and medical procedures in the Jungle environment.
5. Cutting tools in the Jungle environment, their selection safe use and maintenance.
6. Shelters from natural materials and contemporary tarps and hammocks
7. Fire lighting and fire husbandry in the jungle environment.
8. Traps and trapping.
9. Jungle Tracking and wild life observation.
10. Jungle Fishing and netting.
11. River crossing procedures.
12. Natural Cordage in the jungle
13. Wet/dry routine in the Jungle environment.
14. Signalling and rescue/casevac procedures.
15. Water procurement, carriage and preparation for consumption in the Jungle environment
16. Field cookery.
17. Jungle Wildfoods
18. Jungle Navigation
19. Jungle "A" frames

Included in the price:

1. Full instruction in Jungle Bushcraft and Survival from certified UK/English speaking Guides.
2. All internal transfers from/to the meeting point.
3. Accommodation fees on first and last day
4. Site fees.
5. Fully trained on site expedition medical cover.
6. Local guides

Not included in the cost:

1. International flights/transport to designated meeting point.
2. Any additional activities other than those stated.
3. Clothing and equipment hire.
4. Food and meals during the expedition.
5. Trip/cancellation insurance.

Optional equipment hire available:

1. Jungle hammock hire @ £4.00 per day
2. Jungle Tarp hire @ £3.00
3. Mosquito net hire. £3.00
4. Jungle machete (Purchase only, subject to availability). £50.00 each (+VAT)

Kit and Equipment requirements:

Wet Clothing
Cargo type trousers (loose fitting x 1)
Long sleeve shirt (loose fitting/fast drying x 1)
Walking socks (1 pair)
Lycra running/cycling shorts (plain without chamois gusset)
Lycra sports bra (ladies)
Jungle boots
Belt (Not leather)

Dry Clothing
Cargo type trousers (loose fitting x 1)
Cotton “T” shirt (loose fitting x 1)
Socks (1 pair)
Normal underwear
Trainers or light canvas type boots
Flip-flops

Equipment you will need to bring:
Rucksack 65-70 ltr
Waterproof rucksack liner or canoe bag
1 season sleeping bag or lightweight blanket
Travel pillow (optional)
Water bottle (1 ltr min) or camelbak water container
Mug and spoon
Billy can (preferable) or mess tin (for cooking over open fires)
Small pocket knife
Whistle
10 metres of strong nylon cord
Note book and pencil
Wash bag and toiletries.
Water bag (min 6 ltr) Dromedary recommended.
Orienteering compass
Means to carry water bottle, torch, camera, 1 days rations etc during day (small satchel or daysack)
Head torch and spare batteries
Waterproof map case
Towel
Swimming costume
Personal Medications
Small personal medical kit containing plasters, aspirin etc
Lip salve
Sun block
Mosquito repellent
Documentation
Passport
Candles (6 min )
Antiseptic soap – purchasable in country
Foot powder – purchasable in country
Disposable lighters (2) – purchasable in country

Medical

All expedition members should contact their doctor for advice on Malaria prophylaxis and any other vaccinations required for Borneo (Brunei).

Last edited by a moderator:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
ooooo its in Brunei! only place in borneo i havent worked in! hah! sounds like a fun trip! might try and swing by for a visit just to say hi to people!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Can I put my name down for 3 places please
May turn out to be 2 if my lad's doing a levels at the time though...

Cheers

Mark

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Tone

Why are all the courses in term time? (adv arctic, Africa & Borneo) Some of us are teachers and can't make things in term time - I went on the first arctic course because it was out of term time and would be very interested in coming on more courses, but have a living to earn as well. I'm sure Im not the only one who works in education

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Hi Tone

Why are all the courses in term time? (adv arctic, Africa & Borneo) Some of us are teachers and can't make things in term time - I went on the first arctic course because it was out of term time and would be very interested in coming on more courses, but have a living to earn as well. I'm sure Im not the only one who works in education

Yup, I'm a teacher too. Although getting the nod off the missus would be harder than getting the headmaster to grant time off during term :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I understand the problem, with some courses/expeds there's little choice when the dates land on. I think there's always going to be an issue, for some people the holidays are a no go time and for some like yourself it's the only time, we'll try to stagger them a bit better if possible. the other consideration is the cost of flights can go up considerably during holiday time which in turn makes it harder for people to attend.

Point noted though.

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
I understand the problem, with some courses/expeds there's little choice when the dates land on. I think there's always going to be an issue, for some people the holidays are a no go time and for some like yourself it's the only time, we'll try to stagger them a bit better if possible. the other consideration is the cost of flights can go up considerably during holiday time which in turn makes it harder for people to attend.

Point noted though.

thanks - hopefully next year then

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Originally I had intended to go on this. Looking at it though, it's not going to be possible. Much as I'd like to go we just can't at the moment
Sorry all

mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE