Awesome youtube channels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have an office job, looking at a computer for eight hours a day, as such I listen to a lot of youtube content. Recently I have been finding it difficult to find interesting content that is new, most of the stuff it suggests to me I've already seen! So in a bid to find interesting new stuff [perhaps that I wouldn't find by myself] I want folks to post a link to [what they consider] to be awesome youtube content....

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Bugger I've spelt the title of the thread wrongly :) how do I edit that?

edit
////////////
nevermind ....

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Bugger I've spelt the title of the thread wrongly :) how do I edit that?

edit
////////////
nevermind ....

If it's bothering you, there should be a Thread Tools button that allows title editing. Dunno though, some people don't seem to have it and others do.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I thought that was a play on words at first as the video thumbnail was a lake... :)

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I'm in the same situation but I generally listen to BBC iplayer radio content instead. I usually filter it down to the science and nature programs and give anything interesting a chance.

There are loads of audiobooks on Youtube though. I've been listening to a lot of old Terry Pratchett stuff recently but there's loads on there. I also like light hearted sciencey stuff like thebrainscoop https://www.youtube.com/user/thebrainscoop and fullycharged https://www.youtube.com/user/fullychargedshow/featured

Reactions: Nice65
Reactions: falcon

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Does the Fire Alarm drop you an email when it goes off?

;-))

The fire alarm has only ever gone off once as the building genius put a coat rack above the 'mash the glass' call point, I had an apple in my coat pocket once and as I put my coat on the hook the apple pocket swung down and was just at the right height to smack the alarm :). I have always avoided that particular coat hook since...

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
fellwanderer on youtube, always good for a laugh and entertaining too, Darren is a true bushcrafter and you can see how he enjoys it without being too serious.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
dutchbushcraftknives is always good for a laugh if you're getting sick of bushcraft and survival channels taking themselves too seriously.

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yes, those guys are good.
I always wonder if they had herbal to smoke first though!

I find that both the dutch guys and Lilly do some good testing of stuff too.

I loved it when Lilly broke the tip on a Fallkniv, do not remember the model.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Thanks for the suggestions folks, I'm going to collect them into a list of things to search on youtube if anyone else needs inspiration...

1:- the brain scoop
2:- fully charged
3:- Survival Lilly
4:- My Self Reliance
5:- Wranglerstar
6:- Joe Robinet
7:- fellwanderer
8:- primitive technology
9:- dutchbushcraftknives

My kids were watching something yesterday which was both entertaining, funny, and actually educational…

“Operation Ouch”

Reactions: Lou and srod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE