Article: 5.11 Stonecutter Pants (Trousers)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
When I click on the link it says I don't have permission??

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Well found!
By eck - I was a porker then!
Me now
View attachment 54450

LOL (as I believe the yoof of today used to say before their parents started doing so as well! ;)) - I was beginning to suspect that all records of the Fuller Figured Fenna Fella had been surreptitiously expunged from the forum records! :)

FWIW I have a couple of pairs of 5.11 trousers (don't know which ones as nothing on label) that I got very cheap in their sale.

One pair is of thick material almost like canvas and are incredibly tough and get worn most days when not too warm and have stood up to all kinds of abuse but are now covered in creosote and all kinds of other indelible cack but are still going strong.

The others were much baggier and made of much thinner material. Their main feature appeared to be various discrete magazine pockets - well they may be perfect for smuggling your copy of Busty Bushcraft Babes Monthly home from the newsagents but the fabric gave up the ghost at the merest sight of a blackthorn let alone barbed wire! ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was down for knee replacement surgery, followed by hip replacement surgery.
Weight loss and muscle replacement now means that I am out of chronic pain and today I removed myself from the waiting list (having deferred surgery twice already ) - all these fat folk on disability should take note of how much better they might feel if they could shed a few pounds - I know I do :)

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I was down for knee replacement surgery, followed by hip replacement surgery.
Weight loss and muscle replacement now means that I am out of chronic pain and today I removed myself from the waiting list (having deferred surgery twice already ) - all these fat folk on disability should take note of how much better they might feel if they could shed a few pounds - I know I do :)
Awesome.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looking a picture, Mr Fenna.

It is true. Shedding 20lbs does suddenly make one feel bouyant and youthful.
Try 91lbs - I lost 6.5 stone :)
That was about 1/3 of my body weight....
I was a 38" waist - now 30" - XL or XXL tops now S - M ... even my shoes are roomy as my feet no longer get spread by the weight....
My hat size is still L though - always was a big head!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I know. We've all been watching and applauding :)

He looks lovely doesn’t he. :D

True enough we have, and on the scale you’ve managed it, you have been applauded. I reckon you should do a review of the Defender-Flex. I’ve got a couple of pairs, first jeans I’ve felt comfortable in for years, with excellent pocket design.

Last edited:

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Try 91lbs - I lost 6.5 stone :)
That was about 1/3 of my body weight....
I was a 38" waist - now 30" - XL or XXL tops now S - M ... even my shoes are roomy as my feet no longer get spread by the weight....
My hat size is still L though - always was a big head!

Wow - that is like taking off the bergan a young fit squaddie has to carry! Certainly going to ease the pressure on your joints! :)

PS congratulations! :)

PPS Just has an email from Tac Tree with news of sale on 5.11 trousers

https://tactree.co.uk/511-shop/511-trousers

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE