Another day at the office

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
At the woods again yesterday, checking for any more snow damage to chute and tarps, luckily just a bit of sag in the chute ridge line which was easily sorted.

Meant I could crack on with some more firewood prep :)

Still utilising windblow and storm casualties, should keep me going for a while ! :)

Had time to rig up a hammock chair too, not bad for three quids worth of ripstop nylon from ebay, sewn up on my old hand cranked singer sewing machine :)

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
The log racks are brilliant for getting lots done in no time at all Tony, way quicker than using a normal saw horse and feeding a log along a bit at a time !

Could make one just with some upright posts banged in the ground, same idea, but I move these ones around the woods to where ever I need them. Shame about the bright red paint though !

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
A rather wet few days in the woods over Easter, still had a lovely relaxing time and completely chilled out :)

The dawn and evening choruses were amazing, once the rain stopped and you could hear them !

Had to rig up a tarp area at the edge of the parachute canopy as when the rain is heavy or prolonged it does mist through the fabric, but once done I had a nice dry area for the camp bed and slept like a baby both nights :)

The new wee storm lantern impressed me, gave a lovely soft glow, no trouble to light, and silent, wish I had picked one up ages ago.

Some of the new nesting boxes seem to have been adopted already, noticed some blue tits going to and fro, nice to know they're being used.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
A bit of a change from firewood sorting and dead hedging, took a few minutes out to sort a wee chair side table as an upgrade from the upturned log :)
a91226fb878df8cb707c97377aa42060.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
And an early prototype spoon carving block, needs a bit of refinement with the chainsaw I think !
972edf9fd781dc023b807aba3548edaf.jpg

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Another somewhat odd looking wee table ! :) Couldn't find any straight legs close to hand ! Lovely top though, not sure what wood as the friendly neighbour in the woods next door left it on the firewood pile for me. Any ideas ?
e19d4cc86052199fa0d75587cf95efca.jpg
8f3370327d309cd6ddeddf5dc64b6e9f.jpg

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
It's quite dense and heavy though Rich, and the growth rings quite tight, thought it might be a large hawthorn but the bark does look a bit coniferous ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's quite dense and heavy though Rich, and the growth rings quite tight, thought it might be a large hawthorn but the bark does look a bit coniferous ?

If it’s Cedar, you’d probably have smelt it when you made the holes. So I’m not sure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE