Aldi down and feather bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Bit of heads up, aldi selling down sleeping bags, 40 sovs, 1kg, 2 season. Small pack size. Haven't tried one and have no affiliation. Caveat emptor, but worth a shot perhaps?

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I'm a fan of Aldi in lots of ways, but I've learnt the hard way that while some camping stuff is good value (and sometimes fantastic value), some isn't the best value. If someone wants a down sleeping bag, and they look at the cost of a decent 1-2 season bag, its a lot more than £40. The down/feather ratio isn't fantastic, but it wont be bad, and probably better value than some cheapie synthetic thing.

I quite like the look of the wellies, and I've got some of the fleece lined neck warmers from last year, and they are really good value.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Seen some disappointed reviews of the Aldi bag :(
Taken a punt on one this afternoon, first impressions... mixed.

It is light, with the stuff sack it tipped my scales at 785grams.
Size packed is half that of a B&M 1kg synthetic summer bag.
Most of the fill seems confined to the footbox & hood, the body varies between sparse and non-existent. I'll give it another shake later and shine a torch through it.

Warning Label inside the bag reads:
In the risk range a strong sensation of cold is to be expected. There is a health risk of damage by hypothermia
a little diagram shows that this risk range is anything below +3.3 centigrade and the lower limit of the comfort zone is +7.8C
will put some pics in later this evening

Ultimately it is was it is, a summer bag. Combined with a good shelter setup or bivvy bag and half decent weather.. maybe.
Plus there's nothing in the rule book that says I cannot add more fill at a later date.

Reactions: Philster

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Ordered one earlier today, hoping it's going to arrive before the weekend, if it does I'll let you know how it performs overnight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE