Advice for newbies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
After my feed being filled up with channels offering opinions and advice which can only be described as ropey at best I thought I would make a quick vid just highlighting a few things to consider. I hope this is allowed, I was just after peoples thoughts as its all off the cuff whilst out mooching with me boy and the pooch.

I may start a series of "basics" but I'm aware that there is a lot about

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I always like your videos, and am slightly [actually very] envious how often you appear to get out and about. I'd be happy to watch more in depth tutorials if you feel inclined to make them.

Reactions: nobby8126

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I always like your videos, and am slightly [actually very] envious how often you appear to get out and about. I'd be happy to watch more in depth tutorials if you feel inclined to make them.

Cheers Mousey, I'm not sure I'm built for in depth tho

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sneaky watch at work. Good video.

Please do some more, just don't post them up for at least 3 weeks as I've got a lot of work on over the next 2 weeks plus followup. I'll never get it done if you post more up.

Seriously though, nice job. I'll watch it properly tonight as I skipped from half way in.

I agree with your view on reviews. In fact reviews are really only a guide. IME you go through your own reviewing process until you get the kit that works for you.

Starter kit, then you learn what suits you and get it. Then you find out it isn't right so get something different. Eventually when you're running it of storage space at home you achieve the kit you need and that works how you like it to work.

Or at least that's what I've been told. I got close then changed my activities so had to start at almost square one.

What future videos do you have planned?

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Sneaky watch at work. Good video.

Please do some more, just don't post them up for at least 3 weeks as I've got a lot of work on over the next 2 weeks plus followup. I'll never get it done if you post more up.

Seriously though, nice job. I'll watch it properly tonight as I skipped from half way in.

I agree with your view on reviews. In fact reviews are really only a guide. IME you go through your own reviewing process until you get the kit that works for you.

Starter kit, then you learn what suits you and get it. Then you find out it isn't right so get something different. Eventually when you're running it of storage space at home you achieve the kit you need and that works how you like it to work.

Or at least that's what I've been told. I got close then changed my activities so had to start at almost square one.

What future videos do you have planned?
Couldn't have put it better myself. I have a sneaky over nighter with a newb this weekend so might do a bit of bushcraft with him and a yt meet up the following week. Not a lot of planning goes into the vids if I'm honest I just whip the phone out if I remember. I never go out to film I film when I'm out if that makes sense.
Thanks for taking the time to watch tho it's appreciated

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE