Day Out A Burn and Cache

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
What a lovely day.
Spring really is springing. There are flowers in bloom, green shoots in the ground, buds on the trees.
I had a pass to go out and enjoy myself today so that's what I've been doing.
It's been a mixed day.

To start with I went to some nearby woods. It's a small, secluded wood, that has no paths or trackways in it which means you never see anyone. It's not too far from the M20 and you can hear the white noise of the traffic, but it's not that close and you can, if you're clever, talk yourself into believing it's really the sound of water falling over rocks or something bucolic like that.

Out with the stove. I don't often have a fire but this time I decided I was because I wasn't going anywhere - just a morning and lunch in the woods.

40273836692_9f255b6002_b.jpg

My plan was to move on after lunch but I was enjoying myself so much I thought I might just stay there.
But my car was parked in a spot where I didn't want to leave it all day, so after a couple of mugs of earl grey (no milk! Not in earl grey!) and my ham and mustard sarnies I moved on.

As I came out of the woods and walked along the edge of a field I could see a buzzard being mugged by a couple of crows. I watched them having a barny and then the buzzard broke off and came flying my way at just tree top level. I managed to get this picture as it flew overhead (sorry for the poor picture - I didn't have my posh camera with me just a pocket one and it was a bit rushed):

39607692934_a9d781f40c.jpg

And so on to the afternoon's treat: geocaching.
There'd been a few local ones I'd still not found, including this creative one:

39607675554_b7f88a1046_z.jpg

I managed to find five overall.
And now home, with ruddy cheeks.
Tea is homemade three-bean pie with cold roast potatoes (get in!), salad and olives.
And this evening on Radio 4 Extra they're having a 'whodunnit' special.

What a flipping brilliant day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE