"A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " facsimile edition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " book.
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned!
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies and that I produce PDF facsimile edition, scanned from a copy given to me by a member of this site.

The booklet has several sections -
A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copy I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the book is still usable.

If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 for emailed versions or plus £1 P&P if you want a disk version.
PM me for payment details and the address to send me your money!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " book.
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned!
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies and that I produce PDF facsimile edition, scanned from a copy given to me by a member of this site.

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copy I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the book is still usable.

How it looks printed out from the PDF and a sample of the grid reproduction
015.jpg
016.jpg

If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 emailed plus £1 P&P if you want it on disk.

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
At 44.7MB it is too big for me to send by e-mail in one hit... so several individual emails with long download times!

It would upload to skydrive (the file area of a hotmail account) and you can lock it down so that only people you send a link to, can access it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to the generosity of a member here the file is only 5.7 MB and is easy to email:)
First post now edited :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Available to order:)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 for emailed versions or plus £1 P&P if you want a disk version.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I've got a collection of pink sporks and camping cutlery for trade if you're interested?

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I was lying through my fingers, i've only got one spork and it is green and all mine

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Available to order:)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

I am also up for trades on these :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Order now to avoid Xmas disappointment!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

I am also up for trades on these :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE