4x4 Oilskin Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Does anybody know where I can get a 4mx4m oilskin tarp from.

I have scoured the internet and watched many UTube videos...

The only company I can find is in America by the name of "Tentsmiths" who also make the pathfinder scout tarp, (I have placed an order but they have yet to get back to me, and it's been a couple of weeks) I'm presuming they are a busy company which only make to order.

Wanted an Oilskin Tarp in the meantime..

Many thanks

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
A Czech company called Technolen made mine some years ago.
Superb quality
They manufacture tents for several European tent brands, so no Eastern crap that lasts for two seasons!

Email them.

Last edited:

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Hi Janna
Looked on the website and can't find any tarps, there main products seem to be heavy cotton in the tent style, nothing in the oilskin range...

If I'm looking in the wrong direction
Could you point me in the right one please.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
You will not be dispointed if you have them make one.
I specified a very heavy canvas, strenghtening patches in certain places, brass eyelets and so on.

Will last me my life out!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Sorry, I do not recall. It was cheaper though than a similar custom made tarp made in UK. I bought loads of other stuff from their shop at the factory building at the same time I ordered it.

One alternative could be to have a tarp custom made by one of our resident seamstressers.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Sorry, I do not recall. It was cheaper though than a similar custom made tarp made in UK. I bought loads of other stuff from their shop at the factory building at the same time I ordered it.

One alternative could be to have a tarp custom made by one of our resident seamstressers.

I'm just curious, while I wouldn't say no to one its not high on my 'must have' list. I generally use a 3 X 3 DD tarp or if I plan on having a fire then I've one of those Polish Lavvu's. Good shout on putting in an order on here though.

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Emailed the company Technolen and got a reply last night, unfortunatly they don't make one off custom items, they will only make to a batch of 50+

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE