06 Suzuki Jimny alternator belt tensioner.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I am now aware how to adjust the tension of the belt using what would appear to be black magic. Anyway. Does anyone have any idea what size hex wrench fits in the front of the tension pulley, and the size socket for the locking nut just next to it so I can order them in.

Iv been to the garage 3 times in a year over the alternator belt loosening and it always does it at the most annoying times. Usually as I leave for work!

Can't find any details at all about te size of hex wrench / socket for it. Being behind the radiator it's not easy to measure either.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Any luck?
And do not forget to get some semi permanent Threadlock.

Sorted mate ye. Long and short of it, it wasn't the tension. 5 alternators from various suppliers all died (during it's time in the garage not on me thankfuly). Turned out to be an instrument panel wiring fault causing major
Problems.

350 quid for a new instrument panel or an electrician to bypass the issue and fit a tiny warning LED on my dash for 40 quid.

Ye. So £40 quid later and 2 weeks in a garage finding the issue. SORted! Thank god it's a small family garage who I'm friendly with. Would be about 4 grand in labour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE