woodwork

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. BEARDMASTER

Wild greetings from Estonia!

Hei! Greetings from a Finno-Ugric lands, Estonia! I do handmade leather-work for a living. When not working on leather, I am usually out- tracking, hunting/gathering or building a dug-out canoe - a very old style of finno-ugric canoe called "haabjas" in Estonian. It is likely that these kind...
  2. paleotool

Bucksaw and Woodworking Saw

Just wanted to post a new woodworking/camping saw. I've been carrying it all summer but finally getting it finished up. Hope to make a "how to" for the next one. Made from some up-cycled scraps and a cut up band saw blade. A bucksaw firewood blade is also available for rough work. The...
  3. Night Phoenix

Beekeeping and chicken keeping

I am moving YAY!!! I have a wee bit of land and am hoping to keep some chickens and bees :) However being crafty minded i am thinking of building my own coop and hive. Wondering if anyone on here has done so and have some wee insider tips to give :) Cheers
  4. forestwalker

Spreaders and teaspoons

Two simple, easy and useful woodcarving items. The first is fairly standard Scandinavian style spreaders, for putting butter (etc) on bread. The key point in making them functional is the angle of the edge to the handle; about 45 degrees, or a little bit less. That way your hand is well clear...
  5. Biker

Off topic DIY Desk tidy challenge

Hey folks, As you may have been aware Paul, my brother Matthew and I have a regular triple challenge going on with each other to create a themed piece of "artwork". Challenge # 4 was started in August 2011 and, by strange coincidence followed on from challenge # 3 to make a chessboard and...
  6. Night Phoenix

My first ever bow!

What a lot of hassle this caused me, first it was a meare heath design then due to crasks it was evolved into a holmeguard then after a break (I couldnt believe it) it became what it is now, the design yet to be confirmed. Not to mention being really difficult to work on when my finger suffered...