canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. P

Homemade canoes?

Has anyone made their own canoe, kayak, boat or SUP? Did you use a kit or make it from scratch perhaps with only plans to guide you? I've been looking at Fine Boat Kits and they do look nice and not that hard, but I've no experience or tools. Has anyone experience of this? Do you have any...
  2. Island Drifter

New Video -- Failed Overnight Trip High Tide Swamped us Out--

Freya and I canoe across a lake in Alaska to explore and attempt camping by a crashed Military C-47 Skytrain aircraft. The fish where not biting and the no see ums (bugs) where very affectionate come nightfall. I seriously miss-judge the tide the cook fire goes out twice, then the water reaches...
  3. Island Drifter

--New Video-- SIMPLE LIVING - Paddle & Canoe - Overnight Camp and Fish in the Woods

Hello Friends of Bushcraft UK , Decided to take the canoe out on the this over night adventure. Canoes are so graceful and peaceful, its like walking you see so much more detail and the sound of the waves slapping the boat is like a lullaby. Freya (Dog) will provided allot of entertainment and...
  4. Hudson

Suffolk Canoe Trip with The Canoe Man

Quick review of a three day outing I had thanks to The Canoe Man In Norfolk last year. Having completed the Expedition Canoe Course with Frontier Bushcraft the other year, I have been finding it difficult to 'get out' and do any canoeing that didn't bill by the hour. I have enjoyed the...
  5. Tipi

Sold Ally 16.5 folding Canadian canoe

16.5’ Ally folding canoe in Very good condition https://www.nordiclife.co.uk/collections/ally-canoes/products/bergans-ally-folding-canoe-16-5-drk-green I bought this about 2 years ago new full of dreams of adventures and expeditions. Sadly I’ve not had time and my life is going in a different...
  6. Hudson

Expedition Canoeing Skills Review (Frontier Bushcraft)

As with the Forest Hunter Course, I was only able to join this course due to some last minute cancellations and the help of Amanda at Frontier Bushcraft who processed my booking at an ungodly hour of the night, so a special thanks to her. I recently completed the Expedition Canoeing Skills...
  7. Hudson

Open River Canoe Adventures (ORCA).

Hi, I’ve been a long time lurker in the forum and have only recently stated posting. I thought I’d write a quick review for a Canoe building course I completed last year with Open River Canoe Adventures (ORCA) in Pooley Bridge, The Lake District. ORCA offer amongst other things) four day...
  8. BEARDMASTER

Building a dugout canoe

Hei! In the summer of 2017 I started to build my own dugout canoe. Here is a short (and picture-heavy) story of that process. It is still work-in-progress but the first half of the boat-building process is now done. English is not my first language and the grammar is a bit rough, but hopefully...
  9. BEARDMASTER

Wild greetings from Estonia!

Hei! Greetings from a Finno-Ugric lands, Estonia! I do handmade leather-work for a living. When not working on leather, I am usually out- tracking, hunting/gathering or building a dug-out canoe - a very old style of finno-ugric canoe called "haabjas" in Estonian. It is likely that these kind...
  10. DonnyOutdoors

Out and About

So I love to watch back my videos and relive the places I've been and the things I've done over the past few years. It get me pumped up and eager to plan more hikes, trips and activities. This is the time of year when we're ready to say goodbye to winter and start planning lots of trips for...
  11. DonnyOutdoors

Canoe & Bushcraft at Medieval Wadenhoe.

Hey folks, On Sunday me & my buddy Matt went to Wadenhoe on the River Nene to embark on a journey we did exactly one year ago to the day. We took the canoe and some kit, including a tarp & a Polish army lavvu, for a paddle and a day in the woods. We set up a day camp, made a cooking area...
  12. grey-array

Canoe and bushcraft Documentary in the making

Heya dear friends, I have been working on a project for quiet a while now, I am taking a group of 10 to the wilderness of Sweden in order to make a documentary in which to show people how easy it is to go on an outdoor adventure, but in the meanwhile staying safe. We still need a bit of...
  13. Scots_Charles_River

Repairing a Wooden Canoe Paddle

This paddle has had a hard life, shaft split twice. :p First split was stupidly using it on WW on the Mighty TEITH, trying to side surf a wave, doing a deep support stroke to hold the boat in the surf, I hit a hidden rock. That split was up near the handle, it was scarf jointed easily as it was...
  14. Scots_Charles_River

Sun, Sand and Silly Songs....

We had our clubs now annual Inchcailloch Camping trip this weekend, on Loch Lomond. The site can be booked up and it has a composting toilet and no other facilities. Of course, it's the south facing, beach setting and island on the loch location that is the attraction. Apart from a powerboat...
  15. Scots_Charles_River

Shot repeatedly whilst unloading a canoe.........

I was shot repeatedly today whilst unloading my canoe, luckily they were only practice BANGs, form a drilling re-enactment group of Napoleonic era soldiers. Beach put in at Kinlochard I was out on Loch Ard checking wild camping spots in case the Island has any drunken campers on it or if...
  16. Scots_Charles_River

Watershed Drybags ?

Anyone used these ? MilitaryBackpacks I have some drybags, small, which are dry but the bigger ones are not ! So need one big bag to fit most kit in eg tent, sleeping bag and clothes. This is for open canoe trips, on open and white water. Nick
  17. Scots_Charles_River

Loch Morar, Arisaig, Caley Canal and the Lochy

Had a Club Sea Kayak trip I had organised on the Skerries, lagoons and beaches of Arisaig and had a solo open paddle on Loch Morar and up the Caley canal and down the River Lochy. Here are some pics, thursday till thursday. Ben Nevis from the River Lochy. The lochy is the same river as the...
  18. James Popham

Croatia - Zrmanja - pic heavy!!

Here's a post i've been meaning to write for some time but haven't gotten around to. As i'm working on the new ethic of "Work like a Professional" (as oppossed to an artist) for all tasks, here it is done at last. A search for "Croatia" on the forum prompted me to begin thinking that some pics...
  19. Zingmo

Got a canoe!

Off the bay from a nice chap called Steve. Needs a bit of fettling, but will do for me and the kids to mess about in. (youngest wants to go the south pole!) :canoe: Z
  20. J

7 days in Scotland, one extreme to the other very pic heavy

Here are a some pics from my trip up to Scotland last week. I have been waiting for the chance to get up there for a while I finally got a week free and managed to convince the wife to come along to although this came at a price! :rolleyes: The deal was 7 days in scotland, three and a half...