boat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. P

Homemade canoes?

Has anyone made their own canoe, kayak, boat or SUP? Did you use a kit or make it from scratch perhaps with only plans to guide you? I've been looking at Fine Boat Kits and they do look nice and not that hard, but I've no experience or tools. Has anyone experience of this? Do you have any...
  2. BEARDMASTER

Building a dugout canoe

Hei! In the summer of 2017 I started to build my own dugout canoe. Here is a short (and picture-heavy) story of that process. It is still work-in-progress but the first half of the boat-building process is now done. English is not my first language and the grammar is a bit rough, but hopefully...
  3. BEARDMASTER

Wild greetings from Estonia!

Hei! Greetings from a Finno-Ugric lands, Estonia! I do handmade leather-work for a living. When not working on leather, I am usually out- tracking, hunting/gathering or building a dug-out canoe - a very old style of finno-ugric canoe called "haabjas" in Estonian. It is likely that these kind...
  4. Dreadhead

Leather Stone-Age Boat Project

This spring we have successfully built and sailed a leather and wooden stone-age boat here on the west coast of Norway. I thought I would share my experience with you all :) It all started when we came to help out on Godjord farm, just north of Bergen in a small town called Manger. The farm is...
  5. Night Phoenix

South West Scotland. Viking boat building

I am involved in a local non-profit community based viking boat project. We have been busy building a viking boat using traditional and authentic methods along with modern ones. This is a small project with a big scope for events and could be making many appearances at viking shows. If anyone...