Identifying apps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fhaggis

Aug 8, 2016
scotland
Does anyone use or recommend any good tree, plant etc apps for their phone?

I've tried a few but to be honest the pictures etc never seem to match with the trees and I fell it just depends when the picture was took etc!

leon-1

Does anyone use or recommend any good tree, plant etc apps for their phone?

I've tried a few but to be honest the pictures etc never seem to match with the trees and I fell it just depends when the picture was took etc!

I have used a few of them, however do be aware that quite a few of these apps do not originate in the UK and as such they may not come back with names that you normally use, a lot of plants have regional names so it would also be worth making sure that your app also includes that latin names for plants.

Also many of the apps which are currently available are user verified, so if a plant has been misidentified by a user it could be some time before it's corrected.

I have one called Picture This which although not bad has a way to go before I would trust it for anything like foraging, infact I wouldn't trust any of the apps for foraging.

Reactions: fhaggis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE