Mosquito headnet as camouflage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Just wondered if anyone here that needs to camouflage themselves for hunting/wildlife photography has thought about using a green mosquito headnet as a face veil.

Wearing camouflage is pointless if you leave your bare skin exposed, a mosquitoe headnet in combination with a brimmed hat (boonie/bush hats work best) allows you to see clearly out of it but casts shadow on your face and makes you a nice shade of green.
It will also serve to break up the outline of your full head and shoulders. Plus keeps pesky flies off you which is a bonus, especially if youre the kind of person to wave them off with your hands as remaining still is also very important.

Try it out and let me know what you think. I like it as am alternative to a camo neck scarf or face paint. And it serves multiple uses. As stated above as well as could be used to slightly change the shade of colour of a brown hat to be more suitable in leafy brush.

The downside is it can be a bit snaggy if youre stalking through the thicker stuff

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Thats a great idea actually haha and theyre superlight too. Id be worries about them being a bit snaggy and making a hole in them though as wouldnt be much use as a headnet then lol

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I don't see why that wouldn't work. i often wear mine whilst watching and photographing wildlife, and never thought about it stopping the skin glare. i also use mine as a foraging bag (great for shrooms), packing up loose bits in my bag and, occasionally for stopping midges

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Thats a great idea actually haha and theyre superlight too. Id be worries about them being a bit snaggy and making a hole in them though as wouldnt be much use as a headnet then lol

Yer they can snag you just have to think a bit about what you put in them and how you cram the pack, I use mine just for socks, tee and the like.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I don't see why that wouldn't work. i often wear mine whilst watching and photographing wildlife, and never thought about it stopping the skin glare. i also use mine as a foraging bag (great for shrooms), packing up loose bits in my bag and, occasionally for stopping midges
Just an example from a while ago. Ignore the face i was just showing my friend the difference. Also i am aware im skylined a bit, im sat right up the bank in a pretty deep ditch where one sides higher than the other. I had plenty of cover from the front and behind once i was down low. I love

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE