Easy Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Had the Winter hammock out last night, it was a last minute thing so it ended up strung between the trailer and the climbing frame! My two youngest girls wanted to sleep in it and as they're off school for the rest of the week so that wasn't a problem. We piled them in at about 8pm and they got off to sleep fairly quickly and were still warm and toasty when I checked them at 2:30am (video'd it), went out again at 4:30am and they were gone, talking to them this morning they were just uncomfortable with the two of them in there so they came back in the house, but they thought it was nice and toasty the whole time.

Temp last night was a low of -7 (-17 with the wind)

Reactions: bushytoo

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
That's a test I didn't expect.
I'm still waiting for a "Tonys seal of approval" when you get a moment to properly try it yourself :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, so I had everything set up and the wind ripped my tarp in half, 60mph gusts made short work of a tatonka 3x3, we didn't have snow on the ground then (it had all blown away off the frozen ground) but there was a lot more due over night, it was -7 and -17 with the wind and I binned it, I'll have another go soon :D I've laid in it a fair bit but not done an overnighter yet, while in it, it's was toasty warm and that was in about -3c, I've a lightweight down blanket from costco and that was fine in there. I also noted that the kids could literally encapsulate themselves in the insulated base, it would come right up the sides and if they had a way of holding the top edge together they'd not need anything extra at all, I'm so wide that the sides come up far enough but that's it, slim people will get a lot of thermal protection with higher sides, even laying at a diagonal.

So, still looking forward to getting out, need to dig out an alternative tarp!

Reactions: Lou and BigMonster

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
A new feature on the Classic hammock. After good results for myself and positive feedback from customers this now comes as standard on my Classic hammocks. 4 hooks to support your underquilt suspension so there is no need for any other gizmos.

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had a try of one of the hammocks at the Moot - very comfortable, well made, from great materials, to a great - and simple to pitch - design.
What is not to like!

Reactions: BigMonster

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Am I right in saying your hammocks have a built in under-quilt??
Yes. This is the main thing in my hammocks. Built in and completely hassle free underquilt. No adjustments, no shock cords and no suspensions, you can move all you want in the hammock and the insulation stays exactly where it should be.

Reactions: Greg

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I put my Easy Ham to good use over the Autumn Moot. Yet another week of very comforting sleep. As I only have the Hiker I brought a bit of extra insulation along. I own 2 of the Czech 3 peice bivi so brought the blankets along. popped one inside the hammock to lay on and draped one over the fixed ridge line. The weather was wet but not too cold so maybe I could of got away with just one but as I had brought them, I used them.

The result was I had a very warm sleep with loads of room all round. I still can not get over how much space there is in these things.
Maybe having the blanket inside was not the most "thermal" of answers but it was an quick easy fix using some thing I already own. ( Kim has laid claim to my underquilt !)

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
What do you estimate the delivery time is on one of your Hiker insulated hammocks if I asked for the additional underquilt hooks to be added to be?
Thanks
Hi Andy and sorry for a late reply.
I'm about to go abroad to see my family and I will be back in the workshop 27th May. So you could have your hammock around 8th June.

All the best.

Reactions: UKAndyB

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I have not found a breaking point yet (lack of suitable load). In my demo video you can see me and my partner swinging away totalling 200kg which we do often. Suspension is all climbing bits with 500kg -750kg rating.
Also during the last Bushmoot I had one of my simpler hammocks hanging for the kids to play. It survived whole week of attacks :)

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE