Stew's Works in Progress!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
The redwood burl looks a really lovely piece of wood, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
The redwood burl looks a really lovely piece of wood, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Redwood it's going to be. I've never had it before where so many people have gone for one suggestion (across other groups and media). Everyone has said Redwood except only one other person that said the Alder.

I'll be going for a simple stainless plate bolster to really make the wood the event.

Reactions: KenThis

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
IMG_8223.jpg

Sun, SUP and pup!

Reactions: Billy-o

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
A little bit of fun. I love a bit of stop motion animation. It's a long job for such a short end result (there's approx 280 photos in this very short sequence) but the kids enjoyed making it with me. Much respect to the folk who actually do decent attempts at this sort of thing!
The knife is a folding kiridashi that I made for a swap-build that I organised on @edgematters forum. It'll be on it's way to @pezza_knives very soon!

Reactions: brancho

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
Crikey, that looks like it’s going to be an absolute beauty when it’s finished. I hope I can reach that sort of standard eventually (doubt it though :(). Again that is a cracking piece of work, top job :)

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Thought that the little man was ready to start his first knife so doodling yesterday then rain today meant the wooden template could be made.

IMG_9084.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

The rascal decided she wanted to make something in the cave too but didn't want a knife (yet!) so an Ash wand was born!

A5_A2494_D-_E97_F-45_EB-_B5_AC-0_B4382_B042_F4.jpg

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Away for a couple of weeks camping this summer and didn't have a book to take to read in the mornings. I decided to take a very roughly axed out bit of cherry to sit and whittle each morning.

I had no definite plan at the start so it was a lot bigger than it needed to be before the knife work (I didn't take an axe with me) but it was very satisfying to slowly discover it hidden in the wood.

It's now in the camping box for future trips!

9571_F158-_A510-449_D-901_F-0_A83_EEEEF2_C2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE