Cleish Hills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Looking for any info I can get, out with my mate on saturday on the Cleish hills, he's looking for photos and I just like getting out and about. Staying out overnight on the saturday so we're waiting to see if its a tent or tarp night but any intel much appreciated, although they're pretty local for me I've not been yet.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Couple of hillforts that way. Dumglow and Dunnifarline (not sure that's how it's spelled :dunno:)
Wet underfoot from what I remember.

Sorry, not being much help here. I hope it's a good weekend :D

M

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Thanks Toddy, I've had a nose online and it looks like there's enough trees to tarp it, more fun anyway. ;)
More importantly it will be curry on the saturday night and a fry up in the morning. :smile:

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
One of my fav places.just up the road from me.where abouts are you wanting to go loch glow or more into the woods.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Most of the trees will be tad dense for a hammock.on the north side of loch glow there is a nice burn but beware as I've seen sheep right down to the loch.there is a good place north of the inneans but a bit exposed and not near to water.are you guys local.soloman.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
We'll be ground kipping mate, although I need to repair my air mat, despite their boasts, I've got a puncture. My mate is looking at Cult hill for his photos, I'm just an easily pleased hanger on on this one. :happy:

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
In the larches at the north side of the loch is where I'd go still might be tight for a tarp but good places for a tent.South side of loch is a bit minging and in shadow so a bit damper.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
No probs good to see this place applicated,it's only a small area but it's a great place for an overnighter.basha dweller has a vid on you tube about camping on the south side of the loch.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Ended up going up Saline hill and bivvied in the woods near the top. 2 oversized big kids just happy to be out and about. :)

It was quite wet underfoot and we struggled to find a flat enough area for a couple of tarp tents (we settled on them as we both had a 3M DD tarp) and ended up closer to the edge of the wood than I'd have liked. If you're in the area its a nice enough walk, parking in the wee car park in Saline and walking out the back of the village.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE