Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meet 2nd to 4th March.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meet 2nd to 4th March.
A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents/Tarps, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Please Note No arrivals after 9:30pm.....

New comers to Site - By Arrangement Only, The meet time MUST be arranged, this is not an easy place to find.....

Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. By Arrangement Only, normally finishing about midday on the Last day. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find,

Cost
The Camp Site charge per person for the weekend, In Cash please on arrival, Please bring the correct amount.

ATTENDANCE - Copy and paste the last list showing people that are attending the meeting in this thread, then add your name....and the nights you will be staying,

1. JohnTarmac. - Friday and Saturday night.
2. Simon Cheshire. - Friday and Saturday night.
3. Crosslandkelly. - Friday and Saturday night.
4. Andy Coles. - Friday and Saturday night.
5. Trevor Thrower. - Friday and Saturday night.

Last edited:

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
ATTENDANCE - Copy and paste the last list showing people that are attending the meeting in this thread, then add your name....and the nights you will be staying,

6. Kevin - Friday & Saturday night

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
6. Kevin - Friday & Saturday night.
7. Mike Smith - Saturday night.

Architekton

Dec 17, 2017
London
Hi all,
I might be able to join you for the first time... depending on work commitments.
Its going to be a bit cold though! I've got gear for down to -6c (20F bag) and Ive used it in Brecon Beacons with 3ish-C overnight with no problems.

What degree bags do you use?
cheers

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi all,
I might be able to join you for the first time... depending on work commitments.
Its going to be a bit cold though! I've got gear for down to -6c (20F bag) and Ive used it in Brecon Beacons with 3ish-C overnight with no problems.

cheers

In the woods it's a few degrees warmer. I use an old german army arctic bag plus a wool blanket if needed. I'd say your bag will be fine.
Let me know when you plan to turn up, as the woods aren't easy to find.

Reactions: Architekton

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
6. Kevin - Friday & Saturday night.
7. Mike Smith - Saturday night.
8. David Nickerson. Saturday night - Poss Friday.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi all,

cheers

I use a quilt and this weekend we had -3 on the Cotwolds and I was fine, and same quilt I use in hammock.
If your bag is -6 then should be OK with good mattress/insulation underneath, but pack some extra clothing/fleece to wear at night just in case.

As Colin says "In the woods it's a few degrees warmer", the weekend temps look like they'll be on the up so you should be OK.

Kevin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE