gnomish pocket tanto

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tantō means "short sword", it's usage being piercing or stabbing. The chopped, angled chisel end we see on what we call tantō isn't true to the original meaning.

And, knowing this nutter, practicality and everyday use wasn't part of the plan with the Tinkers. ;)

Steampunk junkyard excellence IMO. :D

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Tantō means "short sword", it's usage being piercing or stabbing. The chopped, angled chisel end we see on what we call tantō isn't true to the original meaning.

And, knowing this nutter, practicality and everyday use wasn't part of the plan with the Tinkers. ;)

Steampunk junkyard excellence IMO. :D

Thanks! :)
Yeah, the original tantos are a bit different from what most consider to be tantos, but I don't really want to go there and suffocate in semantics.
And yes, you are a bit right there too. I just wanted to make something shocking and somewhat unique. All other perspectives were secondary.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I like the 'visible' locking mechanism and the 'worked' look. It is very steam punk :)

Let's be honest, if you were wielding that you'd be wearing black leather gloves anyway :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE