Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Hi,
my old Han Wag Trapper boots have finally come to the end of their working life - they've lasted 8 years and have been brilliant from day 1.
So as Han Wag don't make this model anymore I'm looking at a selection of boots to replace them. My short list is:

Han Wag Tera Tops
Altberg Gamekeeper boot
Meindl Drovre Extrem

Can anyone shed some light on pros and cons of the boots. I use them for Stalking, Beating, bush craft and I've also walked long distance paths in them.

Thanks

Shaun

Jan 28, 2016
SALTBURN
Hi,
my old Han Wag Trapper boots have finally come to the end of their working life - they've lasted 8 years and have been brilliant from day 1.
So as Han Wag don't make this model anymore I'm looking at a selection of boots to replace them. My short list is:

Han Wag Tera Tops
Altberg Gamekeeper boot
Meindl Drovre Extrem

Can anyone shed some light on pros and cons of the boots. I use them for Stalking, Beating, bush craft and I've also walked long distance paths in them.

Thanks

Shaun
Have the Drovre Extreme for nearly 10 years now still water proof very comfortable from new, good strong boots for walking on rough terrain i was thinking of getting a new pair but i don't think the new ones are the same quality from what people tell me

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Have the Drovre Extreme for nearly 10 years now still water proof very comfortable from new, good strong boots for walking on rough terrain i was thinking of getting a new pair but i don't think the new ones are the same quality from what people tell me

That's the same problem with the HanWag boots. As a result of their success they seem to move production to cheaper parts of the world and standards drop.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of the Altberg Gamekeeper boots. At least they have stayed in the UK.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Several friends have the Douvre extreme and all love them. i ended up going for a pair of the Lundhag Vandra boots, and have no regrets. Very comfortable, waterproof and well made. i use them for beating, foraging and hiking (up in Scotland) and am so impressed, i bought an older pair of the forest boots for my daily dog walking boot.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Several friends have the Douvre extreme and all love them. i ended up going for a pair of the Lundhag Vandra boots, and have no regrets. Very comfortable, waterproof and well made. i use them for beating, foraging and hiking (up in Scotland) and am so impressed, i bought an older pair of the forest boots for my daily dog walking boot.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I like the idea of Lundhags but I fear the rough undergrowth of our shoot would destroy the rubber. I guess the search goes on

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I can understand your concern, but i wear mine in some pretty knarly terrain (low gorse and bramble, and also sharp costal rocks) and have never had any problems so far. Even my dog walking beaters (which were 2nd hand evilly bargains) are still in very good nick, probably more so than my Danners which these replaced.

Reactions: marshall4771

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE