Film Happy People narrated by Werner Herzog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
We have watched the winter video last night. We see they use almost the same method to hunt the fish below the ice as we do = and some of the same fish i think.
They carry the same knife & axe as we do in winter also and make tools from steel when needed. They also make nice footwear for around the camp or hunting cabin. And their dogs eat fish too!

Their traps are almost same as our old traps and cost nothing to make and kill quick

But we don't use skis like him but our long tail snow shoes and of course no horses up here. We also avoid areas with big old trees because it is dangerous to camp or build house under them - as he found out.

I thought his comments about we are all involved anyhows in hunting. We hunt for fur less than they do, but sell the fur to make coats and from the sable come the best paint brushes I believe. All of which are sold to people from far away to wear. And the folk who complain about killing and eating wild animals probably don't mind eating cows - which of course means that you have to displace or remove whatever animals was there before. But I don't want to spoil the nice film and we are glad Tony posted it so we could enjoy and share it.

The taiga in russia is just like our forest also and deep in snow now. Like theirs is -

One difference we all noticed was they drank milk, Something most of us older people never drink as we see it as something only for babies. Oh, and their dogs live in little house. Our dogs always live outside.

We are back in our village now and if I have time we might watch another video if we or I have time in community centre. Thank you.

Enju!

Reactions: Macaroon

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You see, Joe, the step between you and us is very small!
Put us in a similar nature environment and we develop the same solutions and habits!

You really should try skis, much faster than shoes..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Joe, it's great having these comparisons, it reinforces what we watch as practical etc while highlighting other ways of doing things and the experiences that you have. goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE