First flint and steel fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Received my flint and steel set this morning from milius2 on here.....no more excuse needed to get down the woods !
Some slightly damp bracken made up my tinder bundle.....first attempt and fire !
Pretty chuffed, beautiful steel.
IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Well done. It's a superb feeling and you sometimes wonder why it took so long in your life to achieve it! So many people have just never even trie flint and steel.

And, those flint and steel sets are superb. I have the same one and used it so many times :)

Reactions: ScottE

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
WOW, that's a PRO fire you lit there! I like the way you stacked it up, I always lack the patience to go the right way and then it takes longer to get a good fire going. But I'm still happy as a child when I manage to ignite charcloth the first strike, makes me go Whooohoooo! ;) Anyway, the most credit goes to all of you who bought the steels from me and gave feedback on the performance thus making them what they are now. Thanks and let's have more fire lit the proper way!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE