Free GPS/phone maps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I think I know the answer to this question already but thought I'd ask anyway.
Does anyone know a good download of good 1/25000 scale free maps of the UK that can be installed into a GPS or phone?
OS quality would be lovely.
I know you can get free 10-day trial version but a good permanent map is what I'm after.
I'm braced for disappointment...

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
download the free versions of Maverick or Back Country Navigator on your phone. You can then access the 1;25k os mapping (i think sourced via bing maps) for free, and the app can download it onto your phone when you have wifi so you don't need a 4g connection when you use the mapping either

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Cheers, chaps.
As I thought - pickings are slim.
Dammit, I'll give Ordnance Survey my money. They are good maps and I feel like I can trust them and I'm familiar with them.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
If you have some spare Tesco club card points I believe you can still get os online subscriptions cheaper with boost ups :encourage:

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Wander - are you after OS maps for a phone or a GPS? If for a Garmin, I may be able to help - drop me a PM if so.

I have a number of purchased maps on Outdoor GB on an iPhone and iPad. These are fine, but I think I’ll start to subscribe to OS before too long. Maps become outdated quite quickly, and I like the idea of being able to view a map of a far flung place without having to buy it separately. OS will let you print custom maps as well...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE