Different meats....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I've always been a lover of offal.
Can't beat a good bit of pan fried liver!

The only way I've found tripe edible so far is to cut it into strips and fry it in bread crumbs. It ends up a bit like squid then.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Gordon Ramsay seemed to do something wonderful with this Tripe that made even youngsters enjoy it.

I don't fancy eating it raw with Vinegar like some of the old'n'bold but taste is subjective.

Oddly down here I can't find Tripe in any butchers.

Had enough of it as a kid that i was sufficiently put off ( mother used to boil it to death with an Onion in Milk and it still tasted of silage ) but the Youtube from Mr Ramsay made me want to try it again.

I love freshly sliced liver flash fried with some cream , onions , dash of whole grain mustard. Great nutritional profiled as well.

Kindneys- same again.

Tongue - grew up on it , can't say I'm hankering after it but its a big chunk of meat.

Ox Tail - I'm always surprised just how expensive it is for a large but of gelatinous bone with not much meat on it. But TV chefs seem to have made it an expensive piece of what I can only think was at one point thrown away.

Brawn - had it once or twice. Meh...

Pig trotter / Chickens feet - I'll pass.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE