New site - Bugs, Feedback & Questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
This is probably down to me not finding or setting something right in my preferences, but is there a way to go to the first unread post in a thread, at the moment, when i click on a thread, either by way of receiving a notification of a reply or clicking on a thread to view afresh, it automatically jumps to the last post, i know there is the green arrow thing on the right, but when i click that it takes me to the top of the page and then goes straight back down to where it was. Apols if this has already been asked.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
... but is there a way to go to the first unread post in a thread, at the moment, when i click on a thread, either by way of receiving a notification of a reply or clicking on a thread to view afresh, it automatically jumps to the last post...

Click on either the blue dot to the left of the thread title Mark or at the right you'll see who was the last to post and you can click on the time under their name. Either option will take you to the last unread post in a thread

38431216736_57483454e3_o.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Click on either the blue dot to the left of the thread title Mark or at the right you'll see who was the last to post and you can click on the time under their name. Either option will take you to the last unread post in a thread

38431216736_57483454e3_o.jpg
Cheers Steve

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This may have already been mentioned but as I have only just discovered it I bring it up now.

There used to be a way of finding "Started threads" in the profile section. it was very useful for finding an old thread that you knew was started by so and so but couldn't remember the title of.

The new "Postings" shows all postings which is a horrendous amount to search through for most people.

Any chance of having something like the "Started Threads" button back?

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
This may have already been mentioned but as I have only just discovered it I bring it up now.

There used to be a way of finding "Started threads" in the profile section. it was very useful for finding an old thread that you knew was started by so and so but couldn't remember the title of.

The new "Postings" shows all postings which is a horrendous amount to search through for most people.

Any chance of having something like the "Started Threads" button back?
Click on the persons profile then the information tab. Down a bit there is an interact section. It has threads started by them there.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I noticed a weird thing this morning.
I went online and into this eminent site, to a thread I wanted to read.
As I was the second last commentator, I saw my post, and I had a pulsating green button beside my name.
But, I had not logged in! I am 100% certain about this.
?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK, probably just missed the control somewhere but is there any way to tone down the bright white page?

I've found the colour settings and Ad styler controls which change the edges and borders but cannot for the life of me work out how to turn down the overall brightness of the page.

I usually work on monitors in subdued lighting and the white background is quite dazzling under those conditions.

Before you say it, my monitor is calibrated for photo editing and cannot be turned down just for this. All my software has controls for toning down the backgrounds, it's often a deciding factor when I'm buying it. My iPad is turned to minimum light settings including a hack to make it even darker, but this site is still burning my retinas.

I'm a low lights kind of guy and this has been a bugbear of mine for years since the old, old software was changed.

I hope there is a solution somewhere that I'm just missing.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
OK, probably just missed the control somewhere but is there any way to tone down the bright white page?

I've found the colour settings and Ad styler controls which change the edges and borders but cannot for the life of me work out how to turn down the overall brightness of the page.

I usually work on monitors in subdued lighting and the white background is quite dazzling under those conditions.

Before you say it, my monitor is calibrated for photo editing and cannot be turned down just for this. All my software has controls for toning down the backgrounds, it's often a deciding factor when I'm buying it. My iPad is turned to minimum light settings including a hack to make it even darker, but this site is still burning my retinas.

I'm a low lights kind of guy and this has been a bugbear of mine for years since the old, old software was changed.

I hope there is a solution somewhere that I'm just missing.

Ta Da!

E07BB63F-BA5B-43C9-A8CD-1B94CE28AB7C_zpsu320wsic.jpg

Reactions: Toddy

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'll have a look. There is a dark version of this theme but before I install it I need to make sure it takes the settings from the parent theme, otherwise it's back to editing multiple themes.

Reactions: Wayland

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Steve, sorry mate, missed this.

There's no way of limiting/setting the amount of conversations that members can have, this new system works fundamentally different to the old one. There's the ability to limit the amount of people in a conversation and we'll be looking at that in the near future. There are a few addons that can help out here but we need to look into them and do some testing if we're going to use one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE